Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2nd Time's A Charm

I finally nailed the ice cream. It was wonderful. Who would have thought that following the directions would actually work. Mint cookies and cream! YUM!

We finally enjoyed a wonderful birthday dinner last night, dessert first! Even though it was a day late, it was well worth the wait.

We are what you call 'in love' with ice cream. It's definitely one of our weak points. So, of course I asked for an ice cream attachment to my mixer for Christmas. And of course my mom got it for me :) You would think I would have made dozen of batches of ice cream by now. But, it took me awhile to actually make some, since I now know how bad ice cream truly is for you after looking through some recipes. I just couldn't bring myself to making any for awhile, seeing as how I have another human being growing inside of me that needs all of the nutrients he can get. And let me tell you, there is NO nutrients in ice cream! I finally broke though, since it was Andy's birthday and that's all he was asking for. I did find some good alternatives to making it a little less fattening. There was a small compromise on taste, but that's life I suppose. You can't have 'it all.' I will continue to experiment, since we love ice cream oh so much! My next attempt will be strawberry yogurt. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you ever want to try something out on your small group friends, I'm sure they wouldn't mind!! :)

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers