Friday, April 11, 2008

Blogging About Blogging

It's been exactly a year to date since we started our blogging journey. It's been a fun one. As I was looking back over to see what I wrote a year ago, I was reminded of our original intentions of the blog. Yes, we were to keep this blog for family and friends to view photos and hear stories of our precious little ones, but there was more to it than that. I wanted to have a place to share with others what the Lord has been doing in and through us.
My words from April 11, 2007:

Wise people have always told me to journal, journal, journal. I have for the most part taken them up on that. I hand write most of my thoughts, and no one reads them. Which is how I like it. But, there are times when I think it is good for others to read your thoughts. I write for therapy. I write to document our lives. But, now I begin to write so that others are informed. I want everyone to know the great and awesome things God is doing in our lives! His blessings should not be kept quiet only having a few be glad, but to be shared with all, so that we can rejoice together at what an AWESOME God we serve!
We have had the incredible opportunity of walking along side our dear friends Jordan and Patience as they celebrated their precious son's life. We are currently walking along side Nate and Tricia as they face difficult circumstances in their lives. We have never met Nate and Tricia, but they would be the first ones to tell you that the prayers of other Christians is what is carrying them through. They have had on some days 100,000 hits on their blog. 100,000! And I guarantee you that about 80-90% of those people are praying to God for their situation. What an awesome opportunity for Christians to unite and share in one another's sufferings.

Here is are a few examples of people who have been touched by baby Isaac, the sweetest boy, the son of our friends, Jordan and Patience. There are HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS more that I could tell about if I had the time...
Patience, I just want to take a moment to Thank you for sharing Isaac with us. Isaac continues to hold a special place in the hearts of our family, even though we have never met. I was directed to your blog from a member of your church that I know from a childcare forum. It was through your blog that I was introduced to the Lawrenson's blog. These two journeys have enhanced my faith in ways I couldn't have imagined. God is speaking loud and clear to me these days... Please know that you and Jordan continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Here's another:
Patience and Jordan, we love you very much and have been so inspired and challenged by your touching story. It is exciting that you have impacted so many by sharing the story of baby Isaac. You have shown us what true worship is really. True worship amidst the storm. We are thinking about you both and are praying for ultimate peace, joy and comfort.
And another, and then I promise I'm done...
You guys are so awesome! Thank you for sharing your journey with us - for being so open about the joys and sorrows that have been such a part of your life over the last year. Thank you for sharing Isaac with us - he is so precious! When we get to heaven, I'd like for God to let everyone "line up" whose lives have been touched by Baby Isaac! What a sight that would be - what joy this little guy has brought to so many!
People would have never been given this opportunity if it were not for blogging. We have connected in a way that technology years ago did not offer. I believe this network has been used for such good things. People all over the world are reaping the rewards of such an invention. I personally have been able to link up with women online who have encouraged me so much in my faith and as a wife and a mother.

Living where I live (in the middle of no where) I would not have otherwise had this opportunity to learn from such women. I have been blessed beyond words during a very crucial time in my life as I raise two tiny children and as I continue to build a foundation for my faith, and our marriage to be built on. I don't take my jobs lightly and it is so beneficial to join with others who think similarly.

All this to say, that I have lost my focus. I have be swayed by others that think we are sharing too much of our lives for the whole world to see. I disagree. I believe there are risks to sharing information online, but there are many more blessings that are capable of coming out of it than risks. I have forgotten that over the months.

We are not currently going down such a journey as Pai and Jordan, or Nate at Tricia, but we are definitely experiencing life. And those experiences are meant to be shared. Not just with family and friends, but with all who want to know more about God and what he is doing through his people. I have felt a sense of guilt for not sharing as much as I should what the Lord has been doing in our lives. He wants us to share with others. He wants us to bless others with our stories and to ask others to bear our burdens with us. That's why we are here.
Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Romans 12:15
So, as an anniversary post, I am recommitting this blog, not only to sharing our good times, but also our bad, and everything in between. To share our thoughts about what's on our hearts and to look ahead towards the things to come. Thanks to those of you who are walking along side of us on our journey and encouraging us every step of the way. We are indebted to your wisdom and love.

4 comments:

Patience Leino said...

Amy, we love you & your family dearly! God continues to shine through you in the most sincere ways. It is an absolute joy to walk through life with your friendship...even with the miles between :)

(and thank you for honoring Isaac's memory with your kind words...what a blessing...you've moved me to tears this morning)

Jennifer said...

Amy, even though we've never met, you've been such a great resource and encouragement to me. I look forward to continuing to do life together (even if it's via the internet)!

Lora said...

amy- i have always been so encouraged by your blog. i feel like i know you so well, even though we've never met. you truly are a sister in the Lord! thanks for being such a sweet vessel for the Lord to fill up and pour out onto others! lora

Amy said...

Thanks girls for your sweet comments. It's women like you 3 that make my life all the better by having you in it!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers