Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake Hits Indiana

No, I am not kidding.

We woke around 5:35 am to an earthquake. We had never felt an earthquake before, but we were almost positive that we had just experienced one. After one of the beekeepers got here, I asked him about it, and he said, sure enough, we had just had an earthquake. A 5.4! It's happened before in Indiana, but it's not common.

When Jesus died on the cross, it says that the earth trembled. I've never been able to imagine what that felt like, until this morning. Is the earth going to tremble when He returns? Makes me wonder when it will be, and what it will be like. I know the book of Revelation tells all about the second coming, but I've never studied it in very much detail. I can definitely say I'm more motivated to read it now.

I'm sure you'll hear about it on the news or radio today anyways. But if you don't, here's an article about the quake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I slept right through it. I was a little bummed. Then my coworkers told me they felt an aftershock around 11:15. I missed that too! I feel so out of the loop!

Amy said...

I KNEW it!!! I ran downstairs after the aftershock and asked them if they felt it and they looked at me like I was crazy. I think they did, but they are just out to convince me I've lost it. So strange! Sorry you missed it. It was quite an experience :)

Anonymous said...

Now, I'm hearing the shake at 11:15wasn't just an aftershock, but another earthquake from a different location. Not sure if that's accurate. Maybe I could still have a chance to feel something!!!!

AmmannFamily said...

Crazy times in your neck of the woods! Joseph is getting so big! I love the updates!!! Amy, your blog is inspiring and I hope that when my husband and I start our family in the next couple of years that I will be a mom just like you. You are amazing! Thanks for always writing the Truth and speaking what God lays on your heart. Much love, Leslie (aka Nick's sister!)

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers