Friday, September 7, 2012

First Day of School

The new school year for Cornerstone Christian School starts the Wednesday after Labor Day. I had no idea how much we were going to be celebrating for the 3 days prior, so I was dragging a little that morning, but after a slow start, we jumped in with both feet.
 
The year is off to an awesome start and we are just loving the new things we've added into our schedule. Samuel and Joseph are both doing 1st grade work so it's quite nice to school them together. I'm not sure how long this will last, but as of right now they really enjoy having a buddy in all of their subjects.
 





 
Daddy says "Annabelle is two. She goes to school for people who are two." Can you tell she's excited?!
 


I'm feeling incredibly blessed once again to have the opportunity to teach my children at home. We are making such beautiful memories together and forming such special relationships. I am just soaking up these moments as much as I can.

As overwhelmed as I can get with comparing curricula and lesson planning, I always have to pause and remind myself that the reason we are schooling at home is not about the subjects we're learning, but about the discipleship relationships we have with our children. Stewarding their precious hearts and fostering a deep relationship with them is more critical to us than if they can impress others with their reading and math skills. That stuff will come, but for now, we're still working on the basics most days.

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers