Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mama Turns 30!

It's been almost a month since my birthday, and I am still on cloud 9. Andy completely blew me away celebrating me for my 30th birthday.
 
Sunday after church Andy surprised me with a trip to my favorite place on earth, The Sugar Tree Inn, which is where we went on our honeymoon. His parents came to stay with the kids as we went on our last getaway before "new baby" comes. This is one of the rooms we stayed at during our honeymoon.
 
That night he took me to an absolutely amazing farm to table restaurant. The food was out of this world. I'll never forget that meal as long as I live.
 



This photo is at breakfast the next morning. We had this same shot taken 8+ years ago on our honeymoon.


We have become such good friends with the inn keepers. They are so dear to us. They always say it feels like their kids are coming home to visit when we arrive.

 
Then on Monday as we left the B&B Andy had a day planned out for us to tour around several farms in the area. Labor Day Monday each year the farms in our area open up their grounds, give tours and have demonstrations throughout the day. We had gone with the kids last year and had a great time, but didn't get to many. So, he surprised me with a day of touring different ones by ourselves.
 
So, Tuesday, on my actual birthday, Andy's parents left and Andy took off the day to spend it as a family. The kids painted a wooden picture frame for me, and Andy had us all take family pictures so we would have some to remember the day. He claims I'm never in pictures with all of my kids :) He drove us up to the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of my favorite places, to get these photos.
 


I think they turned out pretty good for using our self-timer on our camera and an ironing board!


Then we went to the Virginia Safari Park. Part of it you can drive through in your car and feed the animals. They come right up to your car. It was such a fun experience.



 
 
 
This kangaroo has a baby in her pouch. You can see it's head if you look closely. We have a slight obsession with kangaroos in our family.


We found this restaurant and couldn't pass it up.


Then, when we got home that night, Andy surprised me with telling me he made arrangements to send me and my very best friends to go out for coffee and dessert to end my day. It was incredible. I rarely get time with any of these women one-on-one, but the fact that all four of us were together for an evening together was just so special.

 
 
I cant even count how many times I cried over the long weekend. I was just so overwhelmed by it all. I could not have felt more loved. The fact that he knows me so incredibly well and arranged it so that all of my favorite things were packed into my celebration just blew me away. I am incredibly blessed.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How absolutely wonderful! Andy was so thoughtful and really spoiled you (and you deserve it so much)! Miss you, friend! Hugs!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers