Friday, September 14, 2012

Yogurt and Granola

If my family had it's way, they would eat yogurt with every single meal. We could easily go through a quart in one sitting. I finally found a recipe that I love, so I've been trying to make a batch each week to offset the cost. The health benefits are of course great, too.
 
 
This picture of Annabelle reminds me of the neighbor in the show Home Improvement, when you could never see his mouth. They always staged him so something was over his face. Ahhh, childhood memories.

So anyways... back to food. I've done the same with granola. It's amazing how quick and easy it is to buy these ingredients in the bulk section at Whole Foods, bake it yourself and you've got healthier and cheaper granola. I even added pumpkin puree to this mix and it gave it a subtle fall taste. Yum!


It is often a struggle to find the time to go these extra lengths for things, but as soon as we get into it, I'm reminded of how happy we are once they are made! The busier life gets, some things I've just given in and decided to buy, but I'm going to try to add making some yogurt and granola to our list because of how simple they are. And the smile on Andy and the kids' faces as they are eating them makes it all worth it. It's amazing how happy food can make someone :)

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers