Friday, September 7, 2007

25


My birthday was wonderful. The best so far, I believe. We had a great time on our night away to the Morrison House. We even got the same room we had on our honeymoon.

Andy made me an amazing present. I could hardly believe it when I saw it. He had chosen the 4 stones when he was deployed last year. He got them on the beach of Cyprus. The top one represents Christ, the left one represents him (blue), the right one me (green) and then the bottom one Samuel (also blue). Blue for Little Boy Blue, and green for Little Girl Green. The stones sit about 1/8" into the cross. He carved the cross out of a limb he found of cherry wood. He then finished it off with some furniture polish the Hunter's make here at the farm out of beeswax.

2 comments:

Pam and Anders said...

So creative! I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! Andy, you are so talented! What a wonderful gift you've made for your wife. She will treasure this cross forever.
I love you! Mom xoxoxoxo

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers