Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Day 3

We are enjoying our homeschooling experience here at the Eckert residence. We have a tentative schedule we try and keep just to make sure we are hitting all the major points for the day.

I am doing this for 3 reasons:

1. I want Samuel to be use to a schedule. I want him to be able to predict what comes next. They say that's great for kids of this age. Being able to predict things helps them not have tantrums. We shall see if I can bypass the "terrible two's" without major headaches.

2. When Baby Pig comes along I especially want Samuel to be use to a schedule. I want him to have some sort of order to his day because we all know when a baby comes into this world there is nothing orderly about their schedule! It will help me keep some sort of order in this house when it would be much easier to let chaos reign.

3. And lastly, it's for me. I seem to always lose track of time during the day and by the time I realize it it's 3pm and we haven't taken a shower yet. Not that that's a bad thing! But, there are things that get squeezed out of the day if I don't make a major point to do them, and that needs to change.

We have made time for the things that should be done daily like: Bible time, exercise and nap time and the rest of the time we play/learn. We are trying to hit each of the following categories each day, but if we don't, it's no biggy: numbers, letters, animal identification, word flashcards and science time. Science time is our favorite. This week has mostly consisted of time in the kitchen learning all about baking and canning. We have been able to get some good time out in the woods though doing some plant identification.

It is turning out to be a wonderful experience for both of us. I'm so glad Samuel is becoming more of the age of being able to be taught and to communicate effectively with. It's been such a joy teaching him all about life!

Samuel can't wait to show off some of his new skills. I'll post a video of some of his accomplishments!

2 comments:

Pam and Anders said...

Super Nanny would be very proud of your schedule! Sounds like a fun day.

julie said...

Welcome to the homeschool community! I love be a homeschool mom. It is an amazing journey with many rewards! If you have any questions, I could always try to answer them. - Julie ( Pam's cousin)

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers