Friday, September 7, 2007

It All Seems More Real Now

We heard a heartbeat yesterday! Baby Pig seems to have a great heart beat. The doctor said I might be a little farther along than we think, or that there might be more than one in there based on where she could feel the baby from the outside of my belly. She said it was higher than normal. I know she's at least wrong on the age of the baby, but the multiple babies, I'm still wondering about. Yikes! She could only find one heartbeat though, so that probably means there really is only one!

It's a long story, but this was my first appointment and it wasn't with the doctor that will deliver BP. I have an appointment with her on the 14th. This doctor was just the first doctor I could get in to see and I wanted to see someone as soon as I could because with the threat of moving and all we were behind the 8 ball in getting seen. She just wanted to make sure the heartbeat was good and that my levels were doing fine. So, I didn't get to see BP, but I sure heard her* sweet heartbeat.

The best sound you could ever imagine. Well, next to them quack like a duck when they are born. Not sure if all babies sound like a baby duck when they are born, but Samuel sure did!

*Not sure if I clarified this before, but we say 'she' because it is a mini mommy and I'm a girl. I tend to call it a boy too, just because I've only ever had a boy in there. Soon enough we will know :)

I guess I left out a major part... After talking with this doctor I knew the inevitable topic would come up about trying to have a VBAC or a C-section again. She confirmed my worst nightmare, and what I've been hearing for the past 14 months, that there is no way a doctor is going to let me try and labor. Considering my circumstances, I most likely cannot have a vaginal birth and the chances are too high to try. It comes as a huge disappointment because I wanted nothing more than a natural birth with Samuel and then to try for one with BP. I have come to realize that I want to remain healthy myself, but more importantly to have a healthy baby in the process. I suppose having another c-section is going to give both of us the best fighting chance at staying healthy.

At least the odds of having BP on my half birthday are looking more promising. The idea of scheduling when to have a baby is so ironic to me, considering the fact that I thought I was going to have Samuel every day for over 24 straight days! The mystery will be gone. I think as stressful as it was then, looking back on it, that was my favorite part. I'll have to find a new favorite part with this birth. I'm sure it won't be hard.

1 comment:

Pam and Anders said...

The heartbeat always makes me feel better! Especially at the beginning before I could feel him, it was so fun to hear him in there.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers