Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Blues

The weekend is over and there are a million dishes to show for it. I made stromboli yesterday for our small group and it turned out great. Sorry you missed it Patrick!

Samuel got a molar in. He took it like a champ as usual. I'm sure there's more to follow, but one has finally surfaced. Hasn't been up at all in the night, but has just had a little appetite.

He also got his first set of crayons and a drawing pad. Hasn't quite figured out yet that they aren't for eating. I saw that coming a mile away.

Most Mondays I look forward to just getting back into a slower pass, but today I'm not glad it's here. Trying to soak up as much time with Andy as possible, it hasn't seemed like there's ever enough lately.

I can't tell if it's hormones due to the pregnancy or not, but the emotional roller coaster ride has been more than I can take most days. God has been challenging me in ways I've needed to be challenged for years but I was just not ready. It's emotionally draining! I'm glad it's finally here though, because when God wants me to change, it's always for the better! It's time I walk the walk.

Enjoy the pictures!

I'm fully aware this is not the picture of the stromboli I was talking about earlier. It's a chicken pot pie I made that I decided to commemorate the day we heard Baby Pig's heartbeat.


Cute family photo after church. (Thanks Patrick) Andy did the communion meditation and did a wonderful job. Samuel's first time in a long sleeve shirt, pants and shoes. I admit I went overboard, but I am super sick of this hot weather. I thought I would take advantage of the temperature dropping a few degrees to start this kid getting use to wearing clothes. They were all summer clothes, though! Don't think he was suffering! At least I didn't try and put him in some adorable wool sweater I've been dying to put him in! And to once again commemorate another occasion, my first day in pregnancy clothes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I will be praying your hormones settle down soon. You look wonderful, Pictures are adorable. Cooler weather is coming. Gram

Pam and Anders said...

Love the picture with the sticker on his head! Very cute family photo too. I have so many clothes I want to use already and since most of them were donated from the friends in the West, I may have trouble getting him in them down here in Florida! Ha ha, I'll have to turn up the A/C!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers