Friday, October 19, 2007

Pumpkin This and Pumpkin That

Every Autumn I forget how much I love it. Last year I was too wrapped up in our new bundle of joy to realize the beauty that Fall brings. This year, I have a toddler who is just as eager to get outside and enjoy the cool weather as I am.

On top of the weather comes the food! Oh yes, pumpkin this and pumpkin that! I started with the apples and am all appled-out. Now, I'm dreaming of all of the things I can do with pumpkins.

So far we've made some excellent pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin smoothies and last night we had gingerbread waffles made with lots of pumpkin! They were yummy!

I still have a pumpkin loaf recipe that I need to try. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

*******

And, oh, by the way. The pumpkin picture was taken by yours truly. There is ALWAYS a reason for why I take pictures like that. It's our family in pumpkin representation form! Dada is the far right. I'm next to him, then there's Samuel and Joseph the smaller pumpkins, then there's Gamba the second to the left gourd, and then BJ, the green gourd. Gamba and BJ are gourds because they are not humans. BJ is green because he's the most unlike any of the rest of us. We are all mammals, and of course, BJ, is a bird! So, there you have it. And they are all staying close to Mama because, well, she's the mother pumpkin :)

4 comments:

Jay and Jackie Parks said...

I Love anything pumpkin too!! Thanks for some of those fun ideas!! :) I think we need to arrange a marriage between one of your sons and Lydia. Think about it! We could be family!!! Miss you and Love you!!!

Alana said...

your pumpkin picture is awesome. i thought it was from webshots or something professional! :) i love the fall too!!!!!!!!!

julie said...

Pumpkin muffins are very yummy!!
I am going to try the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies- they sound good.

Abbi said...

The pumpkin picture is very cute. That is very fun how you thought it all out. We have fun doing stuff like that with snowmen. The pumpkin recipes look neat. I really want to try the smoothies and I think I will try the waffles too. Other things we like with pumpkin is muffins, Pie(of course!) and pumpkin pie cake. I will try to post the recipe for that in case you would like it. I would also like to try to make pumpkin butter but I need to find a recipe for that. We actually use squash for most of our "pumpkin" recipes as my parents grow a ton of them. This year though some friends had some extra pumpkins so I think we will have some of them to use as well.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers