Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Quilt For A Princess

Normally, when I make quilts to donate I make them either for boys or make them unisex. Most of my quilting friends lean towards girl quilts since there are so many precious prints out there that lend themselves so easily for a girl, so I try to fill in the gap. I don't mind since I have such a heart for little boys. (Pretty neat that God has already blessed me with two). I could not resist when I saw the flower prints in this quilt, though. I just had to bring them together in a quilt. I had a vision and it just had to come to fruition. So, after about a year of the fabrics sitting there in a pile, they are now a quilt. I pray this quilt will warm some little girl out in the NC area.


Now, that my quilts to give away are all done (for now), I have turned my attention to Christmas and would like to try some quilting out as gifts. I've received one request for place mats, which I think is a great idea. Does anyone have any other ideas?

4 comments:

Pam and Anders said...

Its beautiful! What a wonderful gift.

Lora said...

oh my gosh! amy, it is amazing! i am so impressed! i need to learn how to quilt that pattern. beautiful work!! lora

Abbi said...

That is very pretty!

Adam and Natalie said...

I've heard of making purses out of placemats. Maybe you could quilt a placemat and then make a purse! You could be the next Vera Bradley...

I have a quilted trivet too that my aunt made. Just some ideas! The princess quilt is beautiful!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers