Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Abolishing The Spirit of Fear

I had a side effect late in my pregnancy with Samuel that was nothing shy of painfully miserable most days. There was not much I could do about it and they said that with each subsequent pregnancy it would get worse and it would start earlier on in the pregnancy than it did the one previous.

That time in this pregnancy has come.

I was so discouraged because it came MUCH sooner than it did with Samuel and hit harder than I imagined it ever could. I was torn up inside. I couldn't imagine going through 23 more weeks of this, let another any other pregnancies. My heart was broken. Was this our answer from God as to how many children he wanted us to have? Andy and I refused to believe that God was speaking to us in that way.

On Wednesday nights, I have been attending a class at our church on prayer, taught by the wonderful Denise. As hard as it was going to be to share the details with the class, I knew I needed as many people lifting this up to the Lord asking Him for a miracle.

Last Wednesday night the Lord did a miracle in my life!

Since Wednesday I have not had once ounce of pain in my entire body. I had reluctantly claimed it was the Lord and thought deep down it also had a lot to do with my avid efforts at relieving my symptoms.

It has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with our Lord.

Denise reminded me that I cannot let the spirit of fear set in and act as though God has not taken away this pain, whether it be for a week, a month or for the entire rest of the pregnancy I need to live like I believe.

Andy also brought to my attention a story in John 6 where the disciples had just witnessed Jesus feeding 5 thousand with 5 small barley loaves and 2 small fish, and then saw Jesus walking on water. The disciples then asked Jesus, "What miraculous sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you?"

That is exactly how I was acting! I have been healed, but yet I'm still acting like what He did for me wasn't good enough. I needed some sort of 'sign' to prove to me that it was Him. Oh, what little faith I have...

I am now back to walking every day and have even started running. If God has healed me, I am going to rejoice and enjoy it, not sit back and cautiously await for the pain to return!

Tears well up in my eyes as I write this post because I know that the creator of the universe loves me more than I could ever imagine. I am so humbled by His power and in awe of his love for His children.

9 comments:

Alana said...

God is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting at school reading this, trying to fight back the huge tears welling up in my eyes! How great is our God!!! I pray you continue to receive ALL the many blessings He longs to give you!!!
Glory to the King for His unfathomable love, grace, and healing!:)

Paul & Angela Jenkins said...

I've had a moment like this and had some of the same fear. God placed a great lady named Denise to keep you going. I had a permanent back injury that I felt everyday of my life now to date 13 years and still no pain after my "Friday" night of prayer. Keep going b/c God is in the miracle business.

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

Wow! That's amazing... but that's God... and your still running! I didn't even run much of my pregnancies because it was so miserable. I will keep praying for you during your pregnancy... and may God be praised!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. I rejoice in God's work and continue to pray for the Eckert family. You remain close to my heart even if you are far away.

Anonymous said...

Amy-i don't know if you know this, but i come to your blog every time i need some grounding; some reference point of who i wish to be sometimes and how proud i am of the woman and mother that you have become. I remember the day i met you, it feels so long ago and i remembered then as i do now that i always wanted to be more like you. I hope all is going well and i hope to hear from you soon.

xoxox Henge
hshorty@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD! HE IS AWESOME! I am so glad you are able to be pain free and walk and run and do all the things you enjoy. What a miracle!

Lora said...

amy
that's awesome! God loves you so much. Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog, too. that really meant a lot to me! God can use us just where we are
take care
lora

Jennifer said...

Amy...our God is so awesome! You are believing, claiming, and walking in your full health! Jehovah Rapha still heals today! Thanks for the uplifting and encouraging post.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers