Saturday, September 27, 2008

Along For the Ride

I am now the new proud owner of an Action Baby Carrier I have wanted one where I could carry Joseph on my back and also Sam if needed. My mom gave me some money for my birthday to spend on myself, and much to her chagrin I choose to spend it on this lovely carrier! I'd never seen it before today, but it's exactly what I was looking for! It simple with very few bells and whistles. It's much cheaper that a lot of the other ones out there and it fits smaller framed women much better. So if you're looking for a new carrier, check this out!

I am so in love. I feel like a million bucks in it. I chose the chocolate one. After all the decision making of which kind to get, then I had to decide on the color. It was a day full of decisions, I tell ya!

This quite possibly could be the best gift anyone has ever given me. It will make my life a whole lot easier when Joseph is needing to be held, but all the other mouths in the house need feeding or the laundry has to be done, or basically anything else that needs both hands. The others I have he's growing out of or just aren't great for wearing larger children. With this one, I can carry him on my front or back and still get done what I need to. It holds a kid up to 45 lbs. So, we figure Samuel will be able to be carried until he's in 5th grade.

There is a newish store in Charlottesville, called Nature's Child and it has an amazing assortment of natural toys for kids, cloth diapers, slings, baby carriers, maternity stuff, nursing stuff, you name it. I was in heaven. I literally spent over 2 hours there. Samuel was in heaven as well. There were so many great toys for him to play with.

So, I've got some more money to spend for my birthday. I think I will attempt to look for a new pair of jeans that fit. Wish me luck! I see lots of tears in my future!

It simply amazes me that a baby carrier could give me so much pleasure, but it does. Much more than I can say for a pair of jeans.

2 comments:

julie said...

Hi AMy
I am so glad you posted this. We are expecting our 3rd baby at the end of March and I have been looking into baby carries. I thought about an ergo carrier but I will look into the action carrier since they are cheaper then the ergo.

Julie (Pam's cousin)

Amy said...

CONGRATS, JULIE!!! So exciting!

Oh yeah, I would definitely recommend this one. Not for when they are teeny tiny, but after about 4 months or so, this one is wonderful!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers