Friday, April 2, 2010

Handmade Gifts for All Ages

Making gifts is something I love to do. There are so many reasons why:
1). It's usually less expensive than buying something already made.
2). It gives you the opportunity to make it more personable.
3). You can create it exactly how you want it.
4). It usually means a lot more to the receiver that you put so much thought and energy into the gift.
I've been able to make several gifts lately that I've wanted to document on here and also to share them with you in case you'd like to try some of them.

For Joseph's birthday I made him a birthday crown that I discovered through SouleMama and then researched several other people's designs on the web to come up with my own version seen below.

Also for Joseph's birthday I made him a matching set of oven mitts and an apron. I originally found the oven mitt pattern here and the apron pattern here.



For Christmas I made the same kind of birds seen below but out of Christmas fabric with a loop in the back to hang as an ornament. The pattern can be found here. Really simple but is a great gift.

And of course the car caddies. I made these for the boys for Christmas. The pattern can be found here.

Then with all of my friends that are having babies I decided to make them all taggie blankets. I didn't follow a pattern, but if you're interested in making them you could find one online somewhere. These are very easy to make, and are super gifts, especially if you don't have much money to spend.

And here are the boys' capes I made them for Christmas. They have turned out to be big hits. Don't take their faces as proof :)



And then the last thing that I wanted to share was these silhouettes. I don't have a picture of mine, but go look at them to see. They were given as gifts for Christmas and everyone loved them. I am currently working on a set of our whole family that I will be putting up in our home. It's a great way to document the kids as they grow. And you can really tell them apart even if it's just their shadows.

I can't wait to share all of my next projects. I'm nesting like crazy so the creative juices are flowin'. If you have something that you'd like to share, pass it along :) I'm always looking for a new project to try!

1 comment:

Gillian said...

ok I LOVE the cape! How do I create one for little T?!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers