Thursday, April 1, 2010

Third Trimester

March 21st I completed my 28th week of being pregnant. And for most calculations out there, that is officially the third trimester. It also was the 2nd day of Spring. How fitting.

With the combination of nesting and Spring fever I have reached a new level of list making. Andy has been such a servant during this time. He's been working so hard to meet my self impossed deadlines with a smile. I realize that life is not about finishing tasks, but right now I'm convinced it will make my life easier come mid-June.

Even though there are blossoms abounding everywhere and the temperatures are reaching new highs, my heart is still hesitant to welcome Spring with open arms. I'm still waiting on that last huge snow storm for some reason. Fear? I don't know.

Now that the calendar reads April I am now allowing myself to get the Summer jitters! I can without a doubt say that Annabelle will be here in 2 months. We're in April and then comes May and the next month is JUNE!!!

If we're going off of the same mentality as we did with Joseph, she could completely surprise us and come in a totally different month than what we were expecting. (He was due mid-March, but came in February).

But, unlike with the second birth, 3 just seems a little terrifying to me. Transitioning to one was easy and two wasn't bad either, but THREE!!! That's a whole new ball game for me. We'll be outnumbered! I'm starting to think that this child is where I'm really going to be challenged. And knowing she's a girl, I'm almost convinced that this one will be the one. Not to say she'll be the last (we really hope that's not the case) but the one where the Lord finally is able to break me of myself and bring me to my knees like I've never been brought before.

I'm excited for the challenge to say the least. My heart's cry is to welcome anything that will bring my heart closer to the Lord's. Having children is definitely how I see God doing that in my life. I couldn't think of a more challenging yet rewarding experience.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

OMGracious...I'm right there with you. This transition to three (of course, only two at home and one in school most days) has me praying without ceasing. I'll add you to that prayer list!! It won't be long now! :)

Amy said...

Thanks so much for the prayers, Jenn. I can't wait to get the inside scoop from you on how to manage it all!

Lora said...

you're so wise, amy! you totally have the right perspective about number three... that is completely what the Lord did in me after I had my third. get ready! :)
praying for you,
lora

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers