Monday, April 19, 2010

Best Friends With Rings

On April 10th Andy and I celebrated 6 years of marriage. Wow. I can't believe it's been that long. I could not have imagined 6 years being filled with so much. Best years of my life, by far!

Andy's mom came to stay with the boys while we got away to our favorite place on earth. Yes, the Sugar Tree Inn. She gave Andy money for his birthday in January to go again since the last time we went wasn't so relaxing. We waited to use it for our anniversary since it would be our last chance to get away before Annabelle makes her grand entry.

It was phenominal.

My wedding boquet was white orchids so each year on our anniversary I try to get some orchids to celebrate. I found this stem at the Charlottesville City Market for THREE DOLLARS! I was so thrilled. It still looks like it did the day I got it (4/4).


We got home from our trip to these two little precious cut-outs of our boys telling us about their time with Gigi. They are still up on our walls and we laugh at them every time we pass.


4 comments:

Lora said...

y'all are such a cute couple! i'm so glad you had the chance to get away! what a blessing...

Adam, Deanna, Reece and Mariemma said...

Amy,
Congrats on 6 years! I am sorry to have fallen off the face of the earth for the last few months--adjusting to 2 has been fun but really slow! Mariemma is almost 6 months old so I am starting to really get in a grove. I love the name Annabelle. How did you decide on it. Are you still in Charlottesville? Adam may take an army jag contract--and the school is for 10 weeks in Charlottesville. How sweet if we could be near one another again. It would not be for awhile--Adam has a deployment this winter first. Great to see your family pics--the boys are so big!
Deanna

Amy said...

Hey Deanna! It was so great to hear from you. Yes, we are still in Charlottesville. How awesome that you might be coming here. When would that actually end up happening? What a tease :)

It's a long story about our naming Annabelle, but if you're interested, you can read the post here: http://theeckerts.blogspot.com/2010/01/she-has-name.html

I can't wait to see pictures of your kids! It's been so long. Are you on facebook?

Adam, Deanna, Reece and Mariemma said...

Love the story of Annabelle's name! Yes it does seem like a tease...we would arrive Sept 2011. I have to keep away from facebook it sucks away so much of my time. I am working with a homeschool coop teaching Physics and Geometry---which has taken up far more time than expected. So I just have five more classes and then summer! Which means lots more time to catch up on other things--like sending out pics of the fam. I hope you are feeling well--your belly pics look great. I would never know you only have a few weeks to go. And yes girl things are wonderful and do grow on you more and more (esp summer outfits!)
D

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers