Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another Quilt!

I have a friend, Lora, that I met through Etsy, and we've been communicating since April of 2007! She has become such a dear friend through the years. We connected through our love of crafts and she has become quite an amazing quilter! She has joined me in my journey to send quilts to Uganda and I just got my second quilt from her yesterday!

I was so thrilled. It is absolutely beautiful. I cannot wait to send it.

Pictures from her blog:


As the boys and I were opening up the quilt we realized that her mom had made Annabelle a lovie! How thoughtful. I've never even met either of them.

The boys have decided that they do not want to send the quilts... they want to fly there and give the children the quilts in person. They want to raise the money and fly out there and they want to go next week! Anyone have a good idea of how we could raise around $5,000 in a week? I love their enthusiasm. And, I've also got to move things along in the sewing department if they find a way to raise the money :)

On the baby front: I forgot to mention yesterday that my midwives gave me about an hour massage yesterday. I can't believe how good I feel. I haven't felt this good in months! I had an incredible nights sleep last night and I even had enough energy to go on a very long walk this morning with the boys and have lots of fun adventures. What a great way to head into labor...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Amy, I confess I have been a blog stalker just waiting to hear that the time has come for Annabelle's entrance! I'll continue to stalk until we hear otherwise. Love this story! Love your heart! Love the heart of your boys! Love YOU!

Lora said...

i'm so glad you love it! i really enjoyed making it. i love all the happy colors and prints.
i'm thrilled that the Lord introduced us all those years ago. you are a blessing, amy!!
lora

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers