Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Right on Time

We can now count on one hand the days until Annabelle's due date.

Samuel was supposedly late and Joseph was supposedly early. But, the Lord is continuing to work in my heart and teach me that Samuel did not 'take his sweet little time' to arrive and Joseph did not 'hurry up' and arrive... they both came exactly when the Lord determined they were to arrive... no matter what the calendar said.

My dearest friend, Audrey, who's due date was a day before mine, now is holding her baby boy in her arms.

I am trying so hard to cherish these quickly fleeting moments being a family of four, but it's been hard. My patience is thin and I just don't feel like rejoicing. It's not that I am dying for her to arrive or to make this pregnancy be over. I'm really not. I love being pregnant and when I do have energy I'm able to get a ton of things done that I've wanted to get done.

What it all comes down to is control... I'm not in control and I can't stand it!

Audrey had a very severe rash the last 3 weeks of her pregnancy so she tried to naturally induce her labor and her efforts were very successful. She took a homeopathic remedy to spur on labor and less than 24 hours later her baby was out.

The bottle of pelletes wasn't finished and it is now sitting in our kitchen.

There are several things that I am anxious about with the timing of this birth and really wanting her to come very soon. So, the past couple of days we have been weighing all of the pros and cons of taking these pellets... and doing a lot of praying. There are no health risks. If your body is not ready it will not go into labor, but if it is 'on the line' this remedy will just give your body the extra nudge it needed. Sounds perfect, doesn't it?

Well, not if the Lord isn't behind it... and that's what we're feeling. Our time has not yet come, and we need to continue to stand our post and not wish this season away. The Lord is still working and the timing is not quite right.

She will come right on time, whenever that might be.

2 comments:

Teal said...

Those last few days are the worst. Don't take the pellets. Let her just come, just as our Lord has ordained...it will be soooo soon! Hang in there girl, I can't wait to "meet" your precious angel! I'm praying for you and your family!

Bergstroms said...

100% know how you're feeling!! These little girls definitely know when they want to come :) The fatigue in the last days is so frustrating, but I'm sure you're being a total champ! Home stretch!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers