Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Love In Action

I remember as a little girl dreaming such big dreams and having my mom encouraging me to go for them. Granted, I didn't accomplish all of them, but just knowing I had someone supporting me was sometimes all I needed to give it my best shot.

That's what moms are suppose to do when you're little, and I firmly believe that shouldn't stop when you 'grow up'. Having a fan club in life is so crucial to our souls. Whether it's parents, siblings, friends or a spouse, we need to be encouraging each other to reach for our dreams.

Recently, my mother-in-law and her friends got together to sew some blankets for my little initiative to send 50 quilts to Uganda.

There is nothing more motivating than the support of someone (in this case a mother-in-law) to keep you going as you venture out in the world and do all sorts of crazy and challenging things.

Thank you, Robbie, and friends, for not only giving me the verbal encouragement to help me reach a goal (that would be unobtainable on my own) but for actually helping me reach it!

So far we have 9 quilts completed and waiting to be sent... along with about a dozen or so being worked on by people all across the country! So far I've gotten 2 blankets in the mail from women I don't even know... How fun!

Keep sewing, we'll get to 50 together before we know it!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad that you are getting lots of fun quilts and blankets! i'll have another one for you soon. praying for you this month as baby annabelle's arrival gets closer!

anna

Amy said...

Thanks, Anna so much for doing this! We'll get there soon :)

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers