Thursday, August 16, 2007

7 Years of Blessings

We have a flight leaving at 7am tomorrow morning out of the Indianapolis Airport. We are going to see Andy's Dad and step mom for the weekend and also attend a friend's wedding in Virginia Beach.

So, as you can imagine, my day has been chaotic to say the least. The least of my worries are packing and actually getting ready for the trip. The issues are dealing with everything left behind, such as, pounds and pounds of tomatoes that are going to go bad if I don't can them TODAY, and finding a home for our poor Gamba while we are gone. Our usual sitter cannot watch him and we're pressed for another. On top of preparing for a dinner guest tonight, I over did it, I know.

But, in all of this seemingly madness in my life I was reminded of a wonderful reason to celebrate today!

I got a call from my husband wishing me a happy 7 year anniversary! We started dating August 16, 2000. I can't believe he remembered. In the chaos that is life I forgot this year.

7 years ago today we went on our first date. It was a day I will never forget. He was headed off to college in a few days and we had worked together all summer in downtown Baltimore and had become very good friends. We decided to take it another step and see how it went. Our expectations weren't high since we were going to be living 3 hours away, but we thought it was something worth pursuing.

Boy, were we right. 7 years later we are married, have a child, and have another one on the way. We are so blessed.

Thanks for showing me, Andy, what life is really about!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you chose each other too! I couldn't have asked for a better son-in-law than you, Andy. I love you both!
Mom
xoxox

Pam and Anders said...

That's amazing, congrats!! I still remember you telling me about him when it all started. :)

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

Amy, thanks for your comment. I actually thought of you alot today and thought I would try and contact you. I am so sad and have cried so much. You feel sort of foolish in light of Patience and Jordan... I have never had such an awesome animal who loved me as much as I loved him. Thank you so much for your comment. It's nice to know someone understands.

Paul & Angela Jenkins said...

This is such a sweet story. Thanks for reminding us all about the little things in life are the most important.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers