Monday, August 6, 2007

Don't Follow the Crowd

Our friend and former pastor, Jim Kelley, wrote a great post today on his blog. It was about not following the crowd.

Here is an excerpt:
Too many believers have the mistaken notion that being a Christian is all about them. They might say, "My sins are forgiven" or "I have a home in heaven." While both of those statements are true, it is only part of the story of being a Christian. Believers are called by the Lord to be His partners in the work of the Kingdom right here and right now. As God's ambassadors, we have been given a ministry of reconciliation in pointing others to Christ (2 Corinthians 5:11-21).
Our call from God has not been to follow the crowd, but to follow Him. We want to follow Him no matter what that may mean. What a great reminder that our calling will most definitely come with a lot of sacrifices, but those sacrifices will be met by more blessings than we could ever imagine. I am so excited to see what God has in store.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you every single day, Amy and Andy. Remember Ps. 139: 1, 5-6. You were created to serve Him, and He's promised to guide you and uphold you (vs. 10).

O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

I love you so much.

Mom
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Jack and I are commited to pray for you as you pursue the path God has chosen for you. You will never regret deciding to follow the Lord.

Anonymous said...

You will not regret following the Lord's leading. Remember, He goes before you. Gram

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers