Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Once Every 13 Weeks

When I was pregnant with Samuel I gave myself one trip to a fast food restaurant each trimester. I've decided to do that for baby #2 as well. He came out looking good, so I won't fix what wasn't broken.

Yesterday was my trip for trimester #1.

All day I had been craving a spicy chicken sandwich at Wendy's. Andy seemed quite on board with my dinner selection. I had to run into town anyways to get some things, so it was a great reason to make it be the day.

I was reminded that when we moved here to Indiana I was given a $100 reward debit card from Rent.com for using their site to find our apartment. I knew it expired sometime soon, but was 'positive' it wasn't already past due.

We decided to go all out. Especially if it wasn't going to be on our dollar.

And we did.

But, it was on our dollar!

The Rent.com card was expired. Great memory, huh? I could have just looked at the card to check, but that would have ruined the suspense.

I realized that after I excitedly handed the card over the lady in the window thinking "yes, this is going to be so much tastier cause we aren't paying for it." It was responded with, "Ma'am, this card has expired."

So, in the end, we spent an entire $15.95 of our own money!

We both agreed it was well worth it.

I'm quite junk-fooded out though. Maybe even next time I'll splurge and get some fries. Probably not, though. In my mind that's just going too far. Totally no validity in that thought, but just let me go with it. Like a fried chicken sandwich was any healthier?!

At least I'm motivated now to workout. So, thanks to my Wendy's run my craft fund will be up by $1.

1 comment:

Lora said...

congratulations!!! yea! Praise God! Children are a blessing and a reward!
praying for a healthy and easy pregnancy for you!
lora

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers