Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Sacred Marriage

Andy and I have been sold out on making our marriage the best it can possibly be. We are not content to have a mediocre marriage. But that means hard work! I have been re-reading Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas and have forgotten what rich text it is. What an incredible book. The premise of the book is: What if God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy?

What a thought!

God designed marriage. It's a fact, whether you believe it or not. Why would we ever go to anyone or anything else to find out how it should be done?! I am not implying counselors and mentors are null and void, obviously not, because I'm reading a book by another human. But, to try and maintain a marriage and not know what the creator of that institution meant it for seems asinine. Our world has made an embarrassment of the word marriage. It is so easy to fall into the trap of having a marriage like the world.

Join me in asking God to show us what marriage should really be all about

*He also has a book Sacred Parenting that I'm looking forward to reading.

3 comments:

brian said...

That is an awesome book! My wife and I first read it before we got married in '01 and have read it twice since. Also, he has 'Sacred Parenting', another profoundly simple and Godly book.

Best wishes!!

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

Wow, I think I will buy both books. :-) Thanks for sharing this.

Paul & Angela Jenkins said...

Yeah I'm like Gina thanks for sharing now I want to read it too.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers